February 18, 2014 - Franklin, WI
I thank the 46% of the primary voters for their support and confidence. Iím committed to a Franklin focused positive campaign and hope to earn your continued support
on April 1.
December 2, 2013 - Franklin, WI
Steve Olson announced today he will be running for Mayor of the City of Franklin. Steve filed papers of intent with the Franklin City clerk this afternoon.
In filing Steve Olson released the following statement:
"My more than two decades of service to you in various civic capacities gives me a unique perspective and level of expertise that is unmatched by other potential candidates. Because I am not a career politician, I’ll be able to provide focus to the issues that we face without the color of the next possible political office.
As a business person and civic leader I set goals, I do not make promises.
My largest goal is to return Franklin to the city that businesses and families want to live and grow. It’s a big job given the economy and our internal issues but with your help and a supportive Common Council I know we can get the job done! My second goal is to provide predictability and responsiveness in dealing with the city hall bureaucracy and myself. I’ll strive to continue to communicate with you as I have in the past. There is a lot of work to do to re-involve the community in the affairs of the City. Our citizens have always been our strength and citizen involvement has provided un-paralleled expertise and ideas that have made Franklin what it is today. Our potential is limitless and my goal is to tap the spirit and talents of the community to bring us back to the days of “100 best places to live” and “fastest growing community” status.
With your help and support we together can take Franklin to new heights as a community."
Steve Olson - December 2, 2013
Experienced in the workings of Franklin City Government:
- Steve Olson has given of his time and talent to the People of the City of Franklin by way of his work in the City government for more than two decades.
- Olson was appointed Alderman of District 2 in May, 1998 and served District 2 until January 10, 2001, upon his resignation due to his relocation of his homestead in the City of Franklin.
- Elected Alderman of his new home District 1 in April, 2004 and was re-elected three more terms until he retired in April of 2013.
- Steve's service to the Community predated his service as Alderman, serving as a member of the Economic Development Commission, serving as Chairman for many years, which in addition to his later service on the Finance Committee, the Labor Negotiations Committee, the Board of Health, and more specifically sharing his occupational expertise, on the Technology Commission, compiled his 22 years of service to the People of the City of Franklin
- As Alderman Steve championed the protection of the tax payers money with a tight-fist. Olson required detailed need rationale as a budgetary protocol. In addition he has served as a guard to protect the high bar he set for the required nature of operational and three-dimensional quality of new development in the City of Franklin,which has been the fastest growing City of its size in the State of Wisconsin for most of the years Steve has been of service.
- Steve has been deeply involved in Franklin leading the fight against a sex predator house in Franklin ,along with leading the way for Franklin's Sexual Predator Ordinance. Alderman Steve Olson has been sought after by other communities looking to enact similar ordinances for their cities and is know as the established expert in that area..
- Steve attended Marquette University majoring in Communications.
- If you have any questions about Steve's position on any issue, feel free to e-mail him at Steve-Olson@wi.rr.com
- Come back to this page often. we will be updating and adding information as the campaign progresses.